These red, delicious berries are common in Brisbane for most of the year as we grow some very big and juicy ones right here in Queensland. They are low joule for the sweetness and pack in vitamin C, folate, and so many other vitamins and minerals.
- Freshest in summer, but almost all year round.
- Good for adding colour and zeal to salads, fruit platters.
- Store in fridge crisper. Make sure you remove any spoilt strawberries as soon as you see them. Wash them only as you eat them.
Did you know?
- Queensland supplies the winter production of strawberries for Australia, May to October (and some for summer, with strawbs grown October to May in the Stanthorpe area).
- Eating eight strawberries a day has been shown to lower blood pressure and improve memory and heart health.