Mr Packham is rich, sweet and juicy. He is also an all-round gentleman with nice, bright skin.
Did you know?
- 90% of Aussie pears come from Victoria’s Goulburn Valley (we do sometimes get the local Stanthorpe one though), and 20% of pears grown here, in OZ, are William Bartletts.
- A pear is a pome fruit from the Rosaceae family, just like an apple or quince.
- Pop pear in your next vegie roast tray.
- You'll know this pear is ripe when it takes on a yellow hue.
- Freshest almost all year, May to January.
- Good for smoothies, salads, platters, roasting, poaching, desserts.
Store in fridge, when ripe in the fruit section. Keep pears at room temp to ripen, in a brown paper bag (add a banana for a faster process).