Our salami is made using Australian pork.
- Good for cheese platters, pizza, pasta, sandos.
- Store in air tight container in fridge for a week, or freeze for ~ 8 months, always follow the advice on the packet.
Did you know? We love Australian Pork. Australian pork farming has some of the highest standards in the world for animal welfare, safety, environmental protection and food quality.
Top Tip: Know your cured meats...Cured meat is meat preserved through ageing, drying, canning, salting, brining or smoking. You'll find passionate producers in Italy and Spain, and, increasingly, small, boutique producers here in Australia.
- Salami: This is actually ground sausage, cured and fermented.
- Prosciutti: Pork hind leg. There's Prosciutto di Parma; American prosciutto; Jamón from Spain (Serrano or Iberico) as well as other Italian prosciutti, such as prosciutto di San Daniele and prosciutto Toscano. All of these have unique flavours and textures.
Speck: Made from pig hind legs, and slightly smoked with a thin salt crust. The bone is usually removed. It's texture can be chewy, so slice thinly.
- Bacon & Pancetta: Often made from pork belly and best cooked before eating.